Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully before you start using Homeluxy, as these constitute a legal agreement between you and Homeluxy. By using Homeluxy, you confirm that you have read and accepted these Terms and that you agree to comply with and be bound by them. If you do not agree with them, you must not use Homeluxy.
However, please take into consideration that the Terms will not be applicable to services provided by any third party to your request through Homeluxy. To guarantee the suitability and quality of such third parties, please check Section 13.1. of the current Terms.
In these Terms, the words "including" and "include" mean "including, but not limited to".
We recommend you to make a print or a copy of the Terms or save them to your computer or any other device for future references.
Table of contents:
1. General information
You are contracting with SLS Hungary Kft., the owner and operator of Homeluxy (hereinafter collectively referred to as: “Homeluxy.com”, “Homeluxy”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are a limited liability company (LLP) registered in Hungary under company registration number 01-09-389404 and have our registered office at Révay utca 6., Budapest, 1065, Hungary. Our main trading address is Révay utca 6, Budapest, 1065, Hungary; and our community VAT number is HU27420205.
If you have any questions or you intend to make a complaint concerning our Services, please contact us via [email protected] or by pre-paid post to our main trading address referred to above.
If it is required to give us notice in writing, you can send it to the email address referred to above. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email to any email address you provide us.
2. Scope of Homeluxy Services
You can use our Platform free of charge, without providing any information ("User"). We will create an access ("Account") for you with the information you provide when you first make a booking, so that you can continue to use our Platform as a registered user ("Member") with access to more features.
Homeluxy is a technology Platform accessible through multiple devices, that connects Users and Members with certain third party providers ("Service Providers”) who offer services published on the Platform. The Platform enables you to arrange, schedule and engage a Service Provider in your area for the provision of those services.
Please note that we simply provide the Platform that connects you with Service Providers and allows them to be introduced. We do not, ourselves, provide any services of the type listed on the Platform, we employ Service Providers neither.
3. Access to and using of our Platform
We do not guarantee that the Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications. Accordingly, we neither make representations, warranties or guarantees, nor express or imply that Homeluxy or any content on it:
- will always be available or be uninterrupted;
- will be error-free, accurate, complete or up-to-date; or
- will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
Access to Homeluxy is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of it without notice. We will not be liable if – for any reason – Homeluxy is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access Homeluxy (including configuring your information technology) and you should use your own updated virus protection software.
The access to or use of certain areas and features of our Platform may be subject to separate policies or may require that you accept additional terms and conditions before you can access the relevant areas or features of the Platform. If there is a conflict between these terms and conditions applicable to a specific area or feature of the Platform, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your access to or use of that area or feature, unless specified otherwise in the latter terms and conditions.
In consideration of you agreeing to abide by these Terms, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use the Platform on any device controlled or owned by you. All other rights on the Platform are reserved by us and by our licensors and we remain the owners of the Platform at all times.
You may use Homeluxy only for lawful purposes. You may not use it:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload or download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, such as Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed adversely to affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users of Homeluxy; and
- to collect or harvest any information or data from Homeluxy or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Homeluxy.
You also agree:
- not to permit Homeluxy or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to access without authority, penetrate, interfere with, damage or disrupt (or attempt to do any of the same):
- the accounts of other users of Homeluxy;
- any part of Homeluxy or its security measures;
- any equipment or network on which Homeluxy is stored;
- any software used in the provision of Homeluxy; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
- not to copy the website (neither browser, nor mobile version) except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the site or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the site or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving interoperability of the site with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is used only for the purpose of achieving interoperability of the site with another software program;
- is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party.
4. Member verification
User verification on the Internet is difficult and we do not assume any responsibility for the confirmation of any Member’s identity. Notwithstanding the above, for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, and as permitted by applicable laws, we may, but have no obligation to
- ask Members to provide a form of government identification or other information or undertake additional checks designed to help verify the identities or backgrounds of Members,
- screen Members against third party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers, and
- where we have sufficient information to identify a Member, obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations or an equivalent version of background or registered sex offender checks in your local jurisdiction (if available).
5. Account registration
You can register on our Platform by using an email address and by submitting to Homeluxy certain personal information, such as your name, address and mobile phone number. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information during the registration process and keep them up-to-date in your Account all the time.
You must immediately notify us at [email protected] and change your password if you know or have any reason to suspect that your data have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account.
You are responsible for all acts and omissions of any third parties who use your Account to access Homeluxy, whether fraudulently or not, and you agree to reimburse us on demand for any loss we suffer as a result of such use.
6. Service fee and payments
In consideration for the usage of our Platform and Services you are obliged to pay a compensation and we may charge service fees as well. Our prices are set out on the Platform, when you select the Services.
We reserve the right to make changes to our prices at any time. However, in such instances you receive a written notification via email from us not less than 1 week before the planned measure comes into force. If you do not agree to any such changes, please delete your Account with immediate effect. If you do not terminate your agreement before the date the revised prices become effective, your continued access to or use of Homeluxy will constitute acceptance of the revised prices.
The total price you have to pay includes:
- a fee due to the Service Provider based on the package(s) you selected; and
- a service fee due to us as stated on the invoice you receive and calculated by reference to the package(s) you selected. This fee is calculated from the booking subtotal and is automatically deducted. You can see this fee when you add an item to your booking, or on the checkout page before you make a booking. We collect the fee due to the Service Provider as agent for, and on behalf of, the Service Provider.
VAT is always calculated separately as shown on the Platform; the amount can be viewed when you add an item to your booking or on the checkout page.
Invoices can be paid before or after booking. If you want to pay after booking, you can pay weekly, fortnightly or even monthly, using your preferred payment method.
For all post-booking payments, the invoice must be settled within 8 working days, otherwise it will be forwarded to our debt collection department.
If any amount due from you remains unpaid, we reserve the right:
- to charge reasonable administration costs;
- to charge interest (both before and after judgment) on the outstanding amount at the rate applicable to judgment debts according to EU laws and regulations;
- to arrange for any further bookings made by you to be suspended; and/or
- to take such other action as we deem appropriate, including, without limitation, immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Homeluxy.
7. Terms specific for Members / Users
If you are a consumer, you may only use Homeluxy for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Homeluxy for any commercial, business or resale purposes. If you do so, we cannot be held responsible for liability of any loss of profit, business, or any business interruption or of loss of any business opportunities.
You acknowledge that Service Providers shall be treated with dignity and respect. Furthermore, you are obliged to guarantee the Service Providers a fair and appropriate working environment – including provision of all reasonable information and cooperation that is required to the fulfillment of the requested Services. All applicable laws and legal regulations are to be applied.
You acknowledge that your preferred Service Provider – if you have one – may be unavailable from time to time, whether due to illness or vacation or through ceasing to use Homeluxy.
You covenant and agree that you will not, at any time during their cooperation with us, and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter, neither directly nor indirectly engage or book services of any Service Provider who has fulfilled services for Homeluxy, or whose contact details you have received from us, other than via Homeluxy.
8. Booking modifications and cancellation
If you wish to request Services provided by Homeluxy you have to fill a form provided on our Platform under the topic ”Book Now”. As soon as a Service Provider has been allocated to your booking, you will receive an email confirmation.
You can cancel or modify the time of a confirmed booking (whether for a one-off visit or on a repeat basis) either via the Platform straight, or via an email message.
Cancellation or modification is to be ensured not less than 24 working hours before the booked service (our working hours can be found on our Contact) page. In case of a late notification – if the notification arrives later than 24 working hours before the booked service – we are entitled to charge you a 10% late-notice-fee which will be deducted from the payments you made. In the event that the Service Provider has already been on its way to you or even arrived at the address you have provided, and the cancellation or modification is received at that time, we will deduct 100% of the amount you have paid.
The same rules apply if the Service Provider is unable to start or complete the service due to your fault.
If you have purchased our Cancellation Protection service with your booking, you can cancel or change the date of your booking at any time, without us charging you any extra.
Direct cancellations with the relevant Service Provider are neither permitted nor accepted.
If you had a discount on a regular booking (such as weekly, fortnightly or monthly), you must pay for at least two bookings to qualify for the discount.
If you had such a discount but paid for fewer than two bookings, and there was no proven issue with the first service, we have the right to withdraw the discount and charge you the full amount without the discount.
In case of a cancellation by the Service Provider or if the Service Provider fails to attend the agreed location at the agreed time to provide the services requested, please notify us within 48 hours following the scheduled starting time of the booking and – if still required – we will find a new booking occasion to be provided by the Service Provider (or another Service Provider) at another mutually agreeable time.
If a payment has already been done and you do not wish to rearrange the appointment, we offer you a full refund concerning the relevant amount. If we are being informed by the Service Provider of a late arrival or cancellation, we will try to get in contact with you to mitigate the issue; however, we do not guarantee the success of this attempt. If you have a complaint in such cases, we act in accordance with the rules described in Section 13.1. of the Terms.
We enable our Members to create, receive, upload, post and send content and any other information on or through our Platform as well as to access and view content of any other Member (such as reviews, feedbacks and any other comments, collectively: ”Member Content”).
You are solely responsible for all Member Content – each part of any contribution, as well as to its whole – that you make available on or through the Platform. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that you will not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Member Content that:
- is defamatory of any individual;
- is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- promotes violence or indecent or sexually explicit material; or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age against any individual or group;
- infringes or violates any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person;
- is likely to deceive any person;
- is made in breach of any laws or any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- advocates, promotes, assists or enables any illegal or unlawful activities – including, without limitation, copyright infringement or computer misuse – or intend to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of Homeluxy;
- threatens, abuses or invades another’s privacy or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy another person;
- is used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- gives the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium rate telephone numbers); or
- disseminates or otherwise discloses another person’s personal information without his or her prior permission or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or lawful purposes.
Violation of any of our other policies is not welcomed. Homeluxy may, without prior notice, remove or disable access to any Member Content that we find to be in violation of applicable law, these Terms or our then-current policies or standards, or otherwise may be harmful or objectionable to Homeluxy, its Members, third parties, or property. Any such contents will be considered as non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, store, copy, distribute and disclose them to third parties (including the relevant authorities) for any purpose.
We respect copyright law and expect our Members to do so as well. If you believe that any content on our Platform infringes copyrights you own, please notify us.
We would like to remind you that we will not be responsible for activities or content posted or uploaded by third persons and we do not recommend or endorse any such content or accept any responsibility for its accuracy.
In case of a legal dispute regarding violation of intellectual property rights or right to privacy, we are entitled to disclose your identity to any third party in respect of the injured party.
10. Feedbacks and reviews
Within a certain time frame – 24 hours – after completing the Service, you will receive a survey that allows you to rate the Service and the Service Provider as well. Ratings or reviews always reflect solely the opinions of individual Members and do not reflect our opinion in any case.
Ratings and reviews are not verified by Homeluxy for accuracy and may be incorrect or misleading. Members are prohibited from manipulating the ratings and reviews system in any manner, such as instructing a third party to write a positive or negative review.
These ratings and reviews are subject to our Content Policy described in Section 9 and must comply with it.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements of our Platform (“Feedback“). You may submit Feedback by emailing us through the Contact page. Any Feedback you submit to us will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to us, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
If you have a complaint in relation to the Services provided by a Service Provider, or you are unable to resolve a dispute with a Service Provider or you cannot come to an agreement with a Service Provider, please contact us and we will use our reasonable endeavors to try to resolve the dispute. Should you and the Service Provider be unable to reach a consensus despite our best efforts, – depending on the severity of the complaint – we may offer compensation to you.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time. If we make changes to these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on the Platform and update the “Last update” date at the top of these Terms. We will also provide you with notice of the modifications by email.
If you do not agree to any such changes, please delete your Account with immediate effect. If you do not terminate your agreement before the date the revised Terms become effective, your continued access to or use of Homeluxy will constitute acceptance of the revised Terms.
12. Term and termination
You may terminate this agreement and – if you are a Member – request the closure of your Account at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
If a material violation against these Terms, our payment terms, policies or standards occurred, or a violation against applicable laws or regulations occurred, we may terminate this agreement and/or stop providing access to our Platform immediately, without notice.
Furthermore, in case of non-material breaches, the following measures are also applicable:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Homeluxy;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any content uploaded, posted, submitted or displayed by you on or to Homeluxy;
- where appropriate, you will be given notice of any intended measure by us and an opportunity to resolve the issue to our reasonable satisfaction;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is reasonably necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited and we may take any other action we deem reasonably appropriate.
If we withdraw your right to use Homeluxy:
- you must immediately cease all activities authorized by these Terms, including your use of Homeluxy; and
- a new registration on our Platform is not allowed.
13.1. General terms
Please note that we simply provide the Platform that connects Users and Members (such as you) with Service Providers and allows them to be introduced. We do not, ourselves, provide any services of the type listed on the Platform as being provided by Service Providers and any contract for the provision of those Services is between you and the relevant Service Provider (and not us). It is up to the relevant Service Provider to perform any Services you request through Homeluxy (and, if requested by you, to provide any materials required) and you agree to comply with any terms of service that apply between you and the relevant Service Provider.
We do take reasonable measures to ensure the suitability and quality of the Service Providers, including, without limitation, conducting interviews, obtaining proof of identity and address and obtaining references. However, you acknowledge that in carrying out any checks, we may be reliant on information supplied by third parties and we cannot guarantee that such information is accurate. We also cannot guarantee that any particular Service Provider is suitable for your purposes. Although we are entitled to remove – if we deem it appropriate – a Service Provider from Homeluxy on the basis of any provided Feedback, you use Service Providers at your own risk. Homeluxy is not obliged to remove any Service Provider based on the negative Feedbacks.
13.2. Terms specific for businesses or individuals using our Platform in
a business capacity regarding liability
If you are a business or an individual using Homeluxy in a business capacity, please note that:
- our maximum aggregate liability under, or related to these Terms (including your use of Homeluxy) whether based on contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or any other legal theory, and whether or not we have been informed about the possibility of such a damage, shall in all circumstances be limited to the service fee paid by you during a 12-month period immediately prior to the liability arising;
- we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings or interest;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of or damage to data;
- loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill; or
- any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind; and
- to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Homeluxy or any content on it, whether express or implied.
13.3. Exclusion of liabilities
We will not under any circumstances be liable for:
- the behavior, acts or omissions of any Service Providers you engage through Homeluxy or the quality of the services they provide; or
- any loss or damage caused by any bug, virus, distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your information technology (including your mobile devices), data or other proprietary material due to your use of Homeluxy or your downloading of any content on it or on any website linked to it – terms specific to linking to websites can be found under Section 16.2.
- any damage that you believe to be or have been caused by the Service Provider in the performance of the tasks, or as a result of the Service Provider's conduct.
13.4. Your liability to us
You acknowledge that Homeluxy has not been developed to meet your individual requirements and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of Homeluxy meet your requirements.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, we will only be liable to you for loss or damage – whether based on contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or any other legal theory – arising out of your use or reliance on the Service or your inability to access or use the Services. We are not reliable for delay or failure in performance resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control (e.g.: if the loss or damage is not foreseeable).
- excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Hungarian and Luxembourgish law; or
- is intended to affect your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local citizens’ advice bureau or trading standards office.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend (at our option), indemnify, and hold us and our affiliates and subsidiaries, including but not limited to our officers, directors, employees etc., harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with
- your breach of these Terms or our policies or standards,
- your improper use of the platform or any of our Services,
- your interaction with any Member, including without limitation any injuries, losses or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of such interaction, stay, participation or use,
- your breach of any laws, regulations or third party rights.
15. Applicable law and
The validity, interpretation, and performance of these Terms, and its additional policies or its other amendments shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Hungary and Luxembourg, without giving effect to conflicts of law principles that would result in the application of the substantive laws of another jurisdiction.
Homeluxy hereby declares that any action, proceeding or claim of a Member against it arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms or its additional policies or its other amendments shall be brought and enforced non-exclusively in the courts of Hungary or Luxembourg, and irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, which jurisdiction shall be non-exclusive.
Homeluxy hereby declares that any action, proceeding or claim of a business against it arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms or its additional policies or its other amendments shall be brought and enforced exclusively in the courts of Hungary or Luxembourg, and irrevocably submits to such jurisdiction, which jurisdiction shall be exclusive.
Neither in the foregoing paragraph will limit our right to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor will the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions preclude us from taking proceedings in any other jurisdiction, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
16. Closing provisions
16.1. Intellectual property rights
You must not use any part of the content on Homeluxy for commercial purposes without obtaining a license or other written consent to do so from us or our licensors.
Other trademarks, products and company or brand names mentioned on Homeluxy may be the trademarks of their respective owners or licensors and all rights in such trademarks are reserved to their respective owners or licensors.
16.2. Linking to the Platform
If you would like to link to our Platform, you must comply with the following guidelines:
- You may only link to this Platform by providing an underlined, textual link from your website to the home page of our Platform (an “Authorized Link”). For example, www.Homeluxy.com is the only Authorized Link to the Homeluxy website.
- Do not incorporate any Platform Content into your website (e.g. by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around Homeluxy content).
- You may not present an Authorized Link to our website in a manner that suggests we have any relationship or affiliation with your site or endorses your site, products or services.
- Your website must not present false information about Homeluxy, its products or services. Furthermore, linking cannot damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- Your website must not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial.
- We reserve the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. We hereby disclaim all liability for any material on other websites that may contain links to our Platform.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards as set out above.
If you wish to make any use of any content on the Platform other than that set out above, please contact us at [email protected].
16.3. Links to third party websites and resources
The Platform may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, including, without limitation, advertisers. We have no control over those websites or resources or their availability and any links to them are provided for your information only. The links are only provided as a convenience and we do not endorse or recommend any products or services offered by or information contained in any of these third-party sites.
We hereby disclaim all liability for all information, materials, products or services posted, offered or that may be accessed at any of the third-party sites linked to this Platform. Furthermore, we hereby disclaim all liability for any failure of products or services offered or advertised at those third-party sites.
You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with any such websites or resources, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
16.4. Force majeure
Last modified: November 14, 2022